Job opportunity: Analytical Lab Scientist (Associate Scientist level)
Eurofins Amatsigroup is one of the leading CDMOs in Europe providing high-quality, customized drug development solutions for specialty and biopharma clients. Our focus is to support clients on the earliest phases of their development pathway (from API to the clinical packaging).
Its Belgian subsidiary, Eurofins Amatsigroup NV, is based in Ghent, offering a complete drug development package for new drug entities (biological and chemical) up to early clinical phases to third parties to help them in speeding up the development and manufacturing of their drugs:
• Drug substance biological process and analytical method development and production, including GMP manufacturing. The principal technological expertise is production and purification of recombinant proteins derived from microbial and eukaryotic systems, for research purposes and toxicological studies as well as for clinical trials, including formulation development and stress stability studies. The company also has extensive expertise in the manufacturing of viruses and living cells for vaccine purposes and in-depth knowledge of working under pharmaceutical and GMP quality requirements.
• Drug product development of new drug candidates focusing on difficult to formulate drugs that are in preclinical, phase I or phase II clinical development. The company offers a full suite of drug development services encompassing preclinical development, preformulation development, formulation development, analytical development, dosage forms development, scaling-up and GMP manufacturing of chemical and biologicals drug candidates.
Eurofins Amatsigroup NV develops and produces non-sterile and sterile biologicals (drug substance and drug product) and chemicals (drug product) in preclinical and early clinical development phases.
With approximately 300 staff worldwide, we operate out of 6 sites either in France and Belgium. To support our ambitious growth plan, we are today looking for an Analytical Lab Scientist (Associate Scientist level) for our site in Ghent, Belgium.
Position: Analytical Lab Scientist (Associate Scientist level)
• You run analytical methods in our R&D analytical laboratory. Hereby, there is a balance between contribution to analytical development and analytical routine performance within the scope of drug product development projects.
• Typically, you follow objectives according to a project plan under the guidance of a project analytical team lead. The objectives are set day-to-day.
• You operate and control equipment adequately.
• You provide accurate and reliable test results, analyse data and summarize results. A first line interpretation of your data will be encouraged.
• You can contribute to drafting technical reports.
• You review the work and lab notebooks of your peers.
Competences and education:
• Bachelor degree with scientific orientation (Laboratory techniques, (Analytical) Chemistry, Science …). Experience: from school leaver up to 1-2 years of experience.br/>
• A background and ability of performing (U)HPLC and dissolution testing through experience during an internship or in the pharmaceutical industry is an asset. Experience with other pharmaceutical analytical techniques is an asset (KF, UV, ...).
• You are punctual and able to work independently after a training in matter entrusted to you.
• You are addicted to laboratory work and willing to work in an R&D environment.
• Good knowledge of English (written and orally).
• You have experience with MS Office. Experience with Empower (HPLC data acquisition and handling software) is an asset.
We offer you:
• We offer a versatile and challenging job with a permanent contract combined with an attractive salary package.
• You will join a young, dynamic and experienced team of technologists, analysts and project managers.
• Site: Zwijnaarde - Gent, Belgium.
Interested in this challengin job ?
Please send your application including CV and motivation letter via the career page of Eurofins, click here