Position: Operator fermentation department
Eurofins Amatsigroup wishes to enforce its Biological Drug Substance (DS) development and production team with an operator for the Upstream Processing department.
He/She will be part of a team responsible for conducting activities in the field of process development and manufacturing of biologicals taking into account the regulatory requirements and clients’ needs. The activities are related to cell culture and fermentation.
We are looking for a person that collaborates with the Eurofins Amatsigroup team in expanding the growth of the company. He/she will report to the Team Leader Upstream Processing of the DS Biologicals group.
His/her main responsibilities are:
• Develop microbial and mammalian cell culture research processes, and perform scaling-up
• Develop cell culture harvest processes
• Analyze samples to follow-up the performance of the cell culture process
• Perform production runs in a cGMP or non-cGMP environment in accordance with the applicable requirements as described in procedures
• Assist in the drafting of Standard Operating Procedures and Batch Record Documents
• Participate in the transfer of the culture process to the GMP facility
• Participate in starting up of process equipment
• Communicate the status of operations to the Team Leader and team members,
• Document the work performed in a detailed way.
• Write first drafts of development reports in collaboration with the Team Leader or Project Manager.
• Communicate process issues, and safety & maintenance issues to Team Leader immediately, and provides potential solutions.
• Ensures that all upstream process equipment is functioning properly
• Participate in activities to support the functioning of the team
Competences and education:
• Master Degree with scientific/technical orientation (Biochemistry, Bio-engineering, Industrial
• Excellent organization and coordination skills
• Enthusiastic, pro-active, analytical, open-minded, curious and hands-on approach.
• Flexible attitude
• Be a good communicator within the team
• Having the skills to present own results in the team meetings
• Ability to evaluate performed activities and be able to think about and suggest changes/improvements
• Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team in a dynamic environment
• Having a technical feeling to work with complex equipment
• Fluent in Dutch and English, written and spoken
We offer you:
• A position with the possibility of personal growth within a dynamic and growing company
• Personal development through learning on the job and through internal and external trainings
• A market oriented compensation and benefit plan