Job opportunity: Senior/Principal Scientist High Resolution Mass Spectrometry for biologic drug substance characterization
Eurofins Amatsigroup is one of the leading CDMOs in Europe providing high-quality, customized drug development solutions for specialty and biopharma clients. Our focus is to support clients on the earliest phases of their development pathway (from API to the clinical packaging).
Its Belgian subsidiary, Eurofins Amatsigroup NV, is based in Ghent, offering a complete drug development package for new drug entities (biological and chemical) up to early clinical phases to third parties to help them in speeding up the development and manufacturing of their drugs:
- Drug substance biological process and analytical method development and production, including GMP manufacturing. The principal technological expertise is production and purification of recombinant proteins derived from microbial and eukaryotic systems, for research purposes and toxicological studies as well as for clinical trials, including formulation development and stress stability studies. The company also has extensive expertise in the manufacturing of viruses and living cells for vaccine purposes and in-depth knowledge of working under pharmaceutical and GMP quality requirements.
- Drug product development of new drug candidates focusing on difficult to formulate drugs that are in preclinical, phase I or phase II clinical development. The company offers a full suite of drug development services encompassing preclinical development, preformulation development, formulation development, analytical development, dosage forms development, scaling-up and GMP manufacturing of chemical and biologicals drug candidates.
Position: Senior/Principal Scientist High Resolution Mass SpectrometryFunction description
- Your will be a scientific team member of our R&D analytical laboratory.
- You will be the key High Resolution (HR) MS specialist, responsible to address analytical needs, to develop analytical solutions and to deliver qualitative results and interpretations regarding (bio)pharmaceutical characterization of biologicals with HR mass spectrometry (in tandem with HPLC) for our drug substance and drug product projects. This will mainly involve: o HR-MS based characterization of biopharmaceuticals o Intact protein analysis o Peptide mapping of proteins o Glycan analysis (including Glycan distribution and sequencing) o characterization of Protein Conjugates (elucidation of conjugation sites, DAR determination) o Small molecule identification/structure elucidation.
- As an MS specialist, you will be responsible for using/operating and maintaining the mass spectrometry equipment in the laboratory.
- As senior/principal scientist and being a member of the analytical R&D team, you can also be assigned (besides your general MS (bio)pharmaceutical characterization support for all projects) to act as an analytical lead scientist for 1 or more specific projects (related to your field of experience). This means the follow-up and responsibility of all analytical activities within a project (typically running over a time frame of 6-12 months).
- You follow the new technological developments in MS and support strategic decisions in this field concerning further investments.
- As senior/principal scientist, you will be responsible over time for guiding and leading one or more analysts (associate level).
- PhD degree (or equal by experience) with analytical and/or biochemical scientific orientation and a minimum experience of 5 years in the field of biologic drug substances (protein) characterization with LC-MS (high-resolution mass spectrometry).
- Knowledge or experience with small organics (e.g. structure elucidation by means of mass spectrometry) is an asset.
- You have knowledge on current guidelines by regulatory instances on what is needed to adequately characterize a (biologic) drug substance.
- Experience with other pharmaceutical analytical techniques is an asset (profound HPLC knowledge, KF, dissolution, …).
- You will work in a multidisciplinary team with other researchers, each with their own expertise.
- You are punctual and have a strong eye for detail (cfr. MS spectra interpretation).
- You are keen on being present in a laboratory environment.
- You are result minded.
- As you will be addressed (as center of MS excellence) by many different people within the company, you have an accessible and diplomatic personality. Hereby, you are able to maintain a structured and organized way of working.
- Clear, transparent and straightforward communication skills are required.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (written and orally).
- A position with the possibility of personal growth within a dynamic and growing company.
- Personal development through learning on the job and through internal and external trainings.
- A market oriented compensation and benefit plan.