Senior Scientist – Liquid Formulation Development
Eurofins Amatsigroup is one of the leading CDMOs in Europe providing high-quality, customized drug development solutions for specialty and biopharma clients. Our focus is to support clients on the earliest phases of their development pathway (from API to the clinical packaging).
Its Belgian subsidiary, Eurofins Amatsigroup NV, is based in Ghent, offering a complete drug development package for new drug entities (biological and chemical) up to early clinical phases to third parties to help them in speeding up the development and manufacturing of their drugs:
• Drug substance biological process and analytical method development and production, including GMP
manufacturing. The principal technological expertise is production and purification of recombinant proteins derived from microbial and eukaryotic systems, for research purposes and toxicological studies as well as for clinical trials, including formulation development and stress stability studies. The company also has extensive expertise in the manufacturing of viruses and living cells for vaccine purposes and in-depth knowledge of working under pharmaceutical and GMP quality requirements.
• Drug product development of new drug candidates focusing on difficult to formulate drugs that are in preclinical, phase I or phase II clinical development. The company offers a full suite of drug development services encompassing preclinical development, preformulation development, formulation development, analytical development, dosage forms development, scaling-up and GMP manufacturing of chemical and biologics drug candidates.
Eurofins Amatsigroup NV develops and produces non-sterile and sterile biologics (drug substance and drug product) and chemicals (drug product) in preclinical and early clinical development phases.
With approximately 400 staff worldwide, we operate out of 10 sites either in France and Belgium. To support our ambitious growth plan, we are today looking for a Senior Scientist – Liquid Formulation Development for our site in Ghent, Belgium.
Position: Senior Scientist – Liquid Formulation Development
Eurofins Amatsigroup NV wishes to enforce its team with a Senior Scientist – Liquid Formulation
We are looking for a person that reports to the Pharmaceutical Development Manager of Eurofins
Amatsigroup NV in expanding the growth of the company.
His/her main responsibilities are:
• You develop new drug delivery formulations for different applications in the medical field.
• The focus will be on the development of innovative liquid formulations of difficult-toformulate
drug candidates, comprising oral solutions, emulsions and suspensions, and formulations for parenteral administration.
• You will develop lyophilized formulations and lyophilisation cycles.
• The function consists of carrying out experimental work in a high tech environment together with data interpretation and reporting of the experiments performed.
• You will act as a lead scientist, being member of a project team and coordinating the
experimental formulation tasks and the more junior members in the team.
Competences and education:
• You have a PhD with scientific orientation (Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bio-Engineering, Science
or Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry …) or equivalent experience
acquired through professional background.
• You have a strong interest in drug research and development and the associated production
• You have experience in the development and manufacturing of liquid formulations and
• You work accurately, you are technically minded and able to work independently after
training in the matter entrusted to you.
• You are flexible.
• You have experience with software such as Word and Excel.
We offer you:
• A position with responsibility within a dynamic company
• Personal development through learning on the job and additional external trainings
• A market oriented compensation Site: Technologiepark, Zwijnaarde - Gent, Belgium.