is one of the leading CDMOs in Europe providing high-quality, customized drug development solutions for specialty and biopharma clients. Our focus is to support clients on the earliest phases of their development pathway (from API to the clinical packaging).
Its Belgian subsidiary, Eurofins Amatsigroup NV, is based in Ghent, offering a complete drug development package for new drug entities (biological and chemical) up to early clinical phases
to third parties to help them in speeding up the development and manufacturing of their drugs:
- Drug substance biological process and analytical method development and production, including GMP manufacturing. The principal technological expertise is production and purification of recombinant proteins derived from microbial and eukaryotic systems, for research purposes and toxicological studies as well as for clinical trials, including formulation development and stress stability studies. The company also has extensive expertise in the manufacturing of viruses and living cells for vaccine purposes and in-depth knowledge of working under pharmaceutical and GMP quality requirements.
- Drug product development of new drug candidates focusing on difficult to formulate drugs that are in preclinical, phase I or phase II clinical development. The company offers a full suite of drug development services encompassing preclinical development, preformulation development, formulation development, analytical development, dosage forms development, scaling-up and GMP manufacturing of chemical and biologicals drug candidates.
Eurofins Amatsigroup NV develops and produces non-sterile and sterile biologicals (drug substance and drug product) and chemicals (drug product) in preclinical and early clinical development phases.
With approximately 400 staff worldwide, we operate out of 7 sites either in France and Belgium. To support our ambitious growth plan, we are today looking for a Senior Scientist – Solid Formulation Development for our site in Ghent, Belgium.
Position: Senior Scientist – Solid Formulation Development
We are looking for a person that reports to the Pharmaceutical Development Manager of Eurofins Amatsigroup NV in expanding the growth of the company.
His/her main responsibilities are:
Competences and education:
- You develop new drug delivery formulations for different applications in the medical field.
- The focus will be on the development of innovative solid formulations, enhancing bioavailability and controlling drug release of difficult-to-formulate drug candidates
- The function consists of carrying out experimental work in a high tech environment together with data interpretation and reporting of the experiments performed.
- You will act as a lead scientist, being member of a project team and coordinating the experimental formulation tasks and the more junior members in the team.
We offer you:
- You have a PhD with scientific orientation (Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bio-Engineering, Science or Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry …) or equivalent experience acquired through professional background.
- You have a strong interest in drug research and development and the associated production technologies.
- You have experience in the development and manufacturing of solid formulations.
- You work accurately, you are technically minded and able to work independently after training in the matter entrusted to you.
- You are flexible.
- You have experience with software such as Word and Excel.
Interested in this challenging job?
- A position with responsibility within a dynamic company
- Personal development through learning on the job and additional external trainings
- A market oriented compensation Site: Technologiepark, Zwijnaarde - Gent, Belgium.
Please send your application including CV and motivation letter via the career page of Eurofins. Please click here