(Sr) Associate Scientist – Formulation Developer
Eurofins Amatsigroup is one of the leading CDMOs in Europe providing high-quality, customized drug development solutions for specialty and biopharma clients. Our focus is to support clients on the earliest phases of their development pathway (from API to the clinical packaging).
Its Belgian subsidiary, Eurofins Amatsigroup NV, is based in Ghent, offering a complete drug development package for new
drug entities (biological and chemical) up to early clinical phases to third parties to help them in speeding up the
development and manufacturing of their drugs:
- Drug substance biological process and analytical method development and production, including GMP
manufacturing. The principal technological expertise is production and purification of recombinant proteins derived
from microbial and eukaryotic systems, for research purposes and toxicological studies as well as for clinical trials,
including formulation development and stress stability studies. The company also has extensive expertise in the
manufacturing of viruses and living cells for vaccine purposes and in-depth knowledge of working under
pharmaceutical and GMP quality requirements.
- Drug product development of new drug candidates focusing on difficult to formulate drugs that are in preclinical,
phase I or phase II clinical development. The company offers a full suite of drug development services encompassing
preclinical development, preformulation development, formulation development, analytical development, dosage
forms development, scaling-up and GMP manufacturing of chemical and biologics drug candidates.
Eurofins Amatsigroup NV develops and produces non-sterile and sterile biologics (drug substance and drug product) and
chemicals (drug product) in preclinical and early clinical development phases. With approximately 400 staff worldwide, we operate out of 10 sites either in France and Belgium. To support our ambitious growth plan, we are today looking for a (Sr) Associate Scientist – Formulation Developer for our site in Ghent, Belgium.
Position: (Sr) Associate Scientist – Formulation Developer
Eurofins Amatsigroup NV wishes to enforce its team with a (Sr) Associate Scientist – Formulation
We are looking for a person that reports to the Pharmaceutical Development Manager of Eurofins
Amatsigroup NV in expanding the growth of the company.
His/her main responsibilities are:
- You support the development of new drug delivery formulations for different applications in
the medical field.
- You will be working on both solid and liquid formulations in function of the needs within the
company. Solid formulations being: powders, tablets and capsules for both immediate and
controlled release, and liquid formulations being: oral solutions, emulsions and suspensions,
and formulations for parenteral administration.
- The function consists of carrying out experimental work in a high tech environment together
with data interpretation and reporting of the performed experiments.
Competences and education:
- You have a Bachelor Degree with scientific orientation (Pharmaceutical and biological lab
technology, chemistry). You have a strong interest in drug research and development and the
associated production technologies.
- You work accurately, you are technically minded and able to work independently after
training in the matter entrusted to you.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical R&D or production environment is an asset.
- You are flexible.
- You have experience with software such as Word and Excel.
- You can communicate in English and Dutch.
We offer you:
- We offer a versatile and challenging job with a permanent contract.
- You will join a young, dynamic and experienced team of technologists, analysts and project
- Personal development through learning on the job and additional internal and external
- A market oriented compensation.
- Site: Technologiepark, Zwijnaarde - Gent, Belgium.